INTRAVENOUS NUTRITION THERAPY (IVNT)
Expert vitamin, mineral, and amino acid IVNT therapies tailored for you. Feel stronger, healthier, more beautiful, and ready to take on the world.
OUR MOST POPULAR IVNT TREATMENTS
Modified Myers Plus
Help fight free radicals
The IV bespoke cocktail that started it all! Contains the perfect balance of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants for optimum wellness.
Is it Safe?
The substances used in IVNT are vitamins, minerals, and amino acids, all of which are classified as ‘essential nutrients’. It’s an apt name, as they are ‘essential’ for life, however they are also nutrients that the body cannot synthesize on its own. Traditionally they were obtained from food we eat, but modern food is often modified and over processed, leaving many of us severely deficient in these essential nutrients. By balancing our levels through IV nutrient infusions, under the expert advice, our bodies can be restored to peak fitness and maximum energy performance.
IVNT therapy is quickly growing in the UK, and has been extremely popular in the Far East such as Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur, Honk Kong, Manila, Jakarta for many years.
All of the intravenous nutrient formulas manufactured by IntraVita have been thoroughly researched and developed by a team of experts.
Why choose IVNT over oral supplementation?
Serum concentrations achieved with IVNT are much higher than oral supplementation. Due to the nature of our bodies and how they work, when we take an oral vitamin or mineral, up to 85% of it is rendered useless and not taken up by the body.
With IVNT the nutrients enter your bloodstream directly, bypassing the absorption process and delivering 100% of the vitamin to your body. Fast Delivery & Fast Results!
FAT BURNER PLUS
Detoxification and fat burning
In conjunction with a diet and exercise, this fat burner plus helps you to burn fat faster
What's in the bag?
Vitamins B1, B3, B5, B6, B12, Galactose, Ornithine, Methionine, Arginine, Glycine, Lysine, Cysteine, Taurine, Carnitine
PERFORMANCE BOOSTER PLUS
Rediscover your 'get up and go'
Boost athletic performance
Folic Acid supplement
Overall Vitality Booster
What's in the bag?
Vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B12, Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium, Zinc, Lysine, Cysteine, Arginine, Carnitine, Taurine, Folic Acid, Vitamin C, Glutathione Shot
AMINO MUSCLE PLUS
Powering you to peak performance
Boost Athletic Performance
Build muscle mass with exercise
Advanced energy booster
Reduce recovery time from training
Shred fat during Cutting phase of body building
What's in the bag?
Vitamins B1, B3, B5, B6, B12, Lysine, Leucine, Valine, Carnitine, Methionine, Vitamin C, Glutathione Shot
Give your mind and body a boost
Boost Mind Vitality
What's in the bag?
Vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B12, Alanine, Glycine, Histidine, Isoleucine, Leucine, Lysine, Methionine, Phenylalanine, Proline, Serine, Taurine, Threonine, Tryptophan, Tyrosine, Valine, Calcium, Potassium, Vitamin C, Glutathione Shot
IVNT & IM FAQ'S
WHAT IS IVNT?
IVNT stands for Intravenous Nutritional Therapy, which means delivering micronutrients (vitamins, minerals, and amino acids) directly into the blood stream (using a cannula into the arm). IVNT essentially utilises intravenous micronutrient supplementation to improve and maintain health and wellness for non-medicinal indications.
WHAT IS IM?
IVNT stands for intramuscular injection. This is when the nutrients are given into a muscle rather than into a vein as in IVNT.
WHY IS IVNT / IM MORE EFFECTIVE THAN TAKING ORAL SUPPLEMENTATION?
IVNT bypasses GI absorption and biotransformation in the liver, therefore ensuing the highest levels of bio-availability (in other words, the highest possible level ) of micronutrients (vitamins, minerals, and amino-acids), that just isn't possible when taking oral tablets.
IM injection also bypasses the liver, but concentrations are much lower than IVNT. IM absorption is much slower than IVNT.
IS IVNT OR IM MORE EFFECTIVE?
IVNT delivers better results more quickly than IM; but IM is more effective than oral.
WHAT BRAND DO YOU USE?
We are trained and partnered with IntraVita, a UK registered pharmacy and MHRA approved medicines wholesaler established in 2009, specialising in IV vitamin supplementation and protocols. CQC registered, they offer industry-leading treatments, and are also a centre for clinical trials, research, and have been approved by ethics committees.
WHAT ARE IVNT / IM NUTRIENTS USED FOR?
IVNT / IM therapy can be used to treat healthy patients with non-clinical indications to help with:
- Fat burning
- Immune Boosting
- Recovery from strenuous exercise
- Athletes and Anti-Fatigue Support
- Mood Support
DOES GETTING AN IV VITAMIN DRIP HURT?
We do our best to ensure your comfort. we do use topical numbing cream (assuming no contraindications / allergies) prior to insertion of the cannula / butterfly, but some people may still feel a slight pinch when the cannula is inserted.
WHICH IVNT / IM IS RIGHT FOR ME?
We will ensure that based on you and what you are wanting to achieve, that the best treatment is tailored for you.
HOW SOON WILL I SEE / FEEL RESULTS?
Everyone is different, and will therefore experience varied results. Some clients feel the results right after their infusion, whereas some clients may not feel any different physically although their body now has more bioavailable vitamins in their body for it to use.
HOW MANY TREATMENTS DO I NEED / HOW OFTEN?
The amount of treatments and how often vary from treatment to treatment, and patient to patient. Please see the information on each individual treatment for further information.
HOW LONG DOES THE TREATMENT TAKE?
IVNT - 20-60 minutes
IM - a few seconds
PUSH - varies
WHERE IS THE TREATMENT PERFORMED?
We provide IVNT in Cardiff.
CAN I STILL TAKE ORAL MULTIVITAMINS ALONGSIDE IVNT / IM SHOT?
Yes, but you shouldn't take any supplements containing any of the vitamins / minerals / amino-acids contained in your treatment with us. Specific advice specific to you and your treatment(s) will be provided on an individual basis in clinic.
CAN I EAT BEFORE HAVING IVNT / IM SHOT?
Yes, you can eat normally before and after treatment.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT AFTER MY TREATMENT?
Not much! Immediately following injection, the treated areas may be slightly pink and / or 'bumpy' for 5 - 10 minutes. Then it's just a case of waiting for it all to kick in!
WHY DO I FEEL COLD WHEN HAVING IVNT?
The fluid that is going into your body is slightly lower than your body temperature, so this can make you feel a little cold.
We have cosy, snuggly blankets to keep you warm and warm you back up, and you should feel back to normal very soon after having your IVNT.
WHAT SHOULD I DO BEFORE ARRIVING TO MY APPOINTMENT?
We require all clients to have completed their medical history via our secure online link before attending your appointment. The link to this can be found in your confirmation email.
IS IVNT / IM SHOTS LEGAL FOR ATHLETES?
While many of our clients are athletes, if you are sponsored, work professionally, and / or have any concerns regarding this, we advise you to seek advice from your sponsor, coach, and / or governing body before booking any IVNT / IM shot treatment.
CAN I EXERCISE / WORK OUT AFTER HAVING MY IVNT / IM?
Yes, you can carry on with your normal daily routine. We do advise leaving an hour after IVNT before exercise.
DO I NEED TO HAVE A BLOOD TEST BEFORE BOOKING IVNT / IM SHOT?
No, you do not need to have blood tests before having IVNT / IM shots. However, if you do have any recent blood test results available, we are more than happy to have a look at these and advise you on the best treatment(s) for you.
CAN IVNT / IM SHOTS HELP CANCER PATIENTS?
It is important to note that our IVNT / IM shots make no claim or evidence to cure, treat, or prevent cancer of any type and / or any other medical condition. We and IntraVita do not endorse the use of IVNT / IM shots as an alternative to traditional medicine. IVNT / IM shots are not medicinal, and we make zero claim to treat medical conditions.
IntraVita IVNT / IM shots are for the promotion and indication of Health & Wellness only, and we make no medical claims for any of our IntraVita treatments / products whatsoever. IVNT / IM shots are not medicinal products, and are not licensed by the MHRA.
Sebastian Rose Medical Aesthetics accepts no liability for any symptoms or side effects attributed to cancer or traditional treatments.
IVNT / IM shots aim to improve wellness and not to treat, prevent, or cure cancer or any medical condition whatsoever.
Exceptions to this include Pabrinex, Hydroxocobalamin, Calcium Gluconate and Magnesium Sulphate. These are what is known as Prescription Only Medications (POMs) and can only be prescribed for indications included in the MHRA market authorisation.
WHAT ABOUT ANY RISKS OR SIDE EFFECTS?
IVNT therapy is very safe, as we only treat with nutrient therapies that are suitable for you. All our staff who administer IVNT / IM therapy are Advanced Nurse Practitioners with extensive acute / critical care background. All of our patients are required to complete an in-depth medical questionnaire before proceeding with any IVNT or IM shot, and we will not offer any treatments to anyone who may have a contraindication to any of the ingredients. All patients undergo pre and post observations, and our staff will not administer IVNT / IM shots to any client whose observations are outside of a safe range. If this occurs, we refer our clients to seek advice from their GP.
Nevertheless possible risks and side-effects (generalised and specific) include:
- In nervous patients (needle-phobia) possible vasovagal (syncope / fainting) reaction
- Hypotension (low blood pressure) or syncope (fainting) following Magnesium infusion or push
- Hypotension (low blood pressure) and / or vasodilation (flushing) due to Niacin, Calcium, and Magnesium
- Anaphylaxis (extreme allergic reaction)
Possible local complications, such as:
- Tissue trauma
- Bleeding from vein and hematoma
- Accidental cannulation of an artery
- Venous vasospasm
Possible systemic complications, such as:
- Systemic infection
- Circulatory overload
- Acute renal failure
- Electrolyte overload
- Hemolysis (hypotonic solutions, G6PD deficiency)
- Speed shock (rapid infusion)
- Pulmonary oedema
- Hypoglycaemia (low blood sugar)
ARE THERE ANY PEOPLE THAT ARE NOT SUITABLE IVNT / IM THERAPY?
You cannot have IVNT / IM THERAPY if:
- You are pregnant
- You are breastfeeding
- You have compromised health
- You take several different medications
- You have any cardiovascular problems
- You have advanced / complicated diabetes
- You have any allergies to any of the products or excipients
- You are receiving chemotherapy, without the express written permission from your oncologist
- Your potassium is > 5mmol/l
- You have ATOPIC DERMATITIS or other hyper allergenic condition
- You cannot have any of our Hypotonic solutions (<240mOsm/l) if you have any red blood cell fragility disorders, such as:
- Thalassemia Major
- G6PD deficiency
- Sickle cell anaemia
- You have an opioid drug addiction
SPECIFIC IVNT / IM THERAPY CAUTIONS & CONTRAINDICATIONS:
- You cannot have any infusion or injection containing Calcium Gluconate if you are allergic to SHELLFISH
- You cannot have any infusion or injection containing Selenium if you have any problems with your RENAL FUNCTION (kidneys)
- You cannot have any infusion or injection containing Vitamin C if you are DIABETIC, or have postprandial reactive hypoglycemia
- You cannot have any infusion or injection containing Glutamine, Aspartate, or Proline if you have EPILEPSY
- You cannot have any infusion or injection containing Glutamine if you have RENAL DISEASE or LIVER DISEASE
- If you take lactulose, caution is strongly advised with regards to infusions / injections containing Glutamine, as this may make lactulose less effective
- You cannot have any infusion or injection containing Ornithine, Methionine, or Aspartate if you have CHRONIC LIVER DISEASE
- You cannot have any infusion or injection containing Vitamin A if you are PREGNANT, have LIVER DISEASE or LIVER CANCER
- You cannot have any infusion or injection containing Calcium if you have HYPERPARATHYROIDISM, HYPERCALCAEMIA, CARDIAC DISEASE, or taking DIGOXIN
- You cannot have any infusion containing Magnesium if you are HYPOKALAEMIC and taking DIGOXIN
- You cannot have any infusion or injection containing Phenylalanine if you are taking ANTIPSYCHOTIC medications
- You cannot have any infusion or injection containing any Amino Acids if you have HEPATIC ENCEPHALOPATHY
- You cannot have any infusion or injection containing Thiamine / Vitamin B1 if you have ever had any allergic, anaphylactic, or 'sensitization' reaction to Thiamine / Vitamin B1
- You cannot have any infusion or injection containing Niacin if you are DIABETIC or sufFer from GOUT
- You cannot have any infusion or injection containing vasodilation nutrients such as Magnesium, Calcium, Niacin, Arginine, or n-acetyl-cysteine if you suffer from MIGRAINES
CAUTION IS RECOMMENDED IN:
- Caution is recommended with high doses of IV Magnesium if you have known LOW BLOOD PRESSURE, or have HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE and are taking medication to control this (vasodilator medication)
- Caution is recommended with Glutamine in ELDERLY PATIENTS and those who suffer from INSOMNIA
- Caution is recommended with Vitamin C in patients with a G6PD DEFICIENCY, CHRONIC RENAL (KIDNEY) DISEASE, and pre-existing HYPEROXALURIA
- Caution is recommended with Arginine, and the dose must be reduced in those with LOW BLOOD PRESSURE
or those taking HYPOTENSIVE MEDICATION
- Caution is recommended with N-acetyl-L-cysteine (NAC) if you are taking IMMUNOSUPPRESSIVE MEDICATIONS, NITROGLYCERIN, or ISOSORBIDE