IS A MIRACLE
WE USE DIAMONDS, NOT ALUMINIUM.
FDA APPROVED. CLINICALLY PROVEN.
Medical microdermabrasion is a non-invasive cosmetic procedure designed to renew overall skin tone and texture. It involves the use of a specialised diamond headed device that exfoliates the top layer of skin, removing dead skin cells and promoting the growth of new, healthy skin, without the use of any chemicals or injectables. This procedure is effective for addressing concerns such as fine lines, wrinkles, sun damage, age spots, acne scarring, hyperpigmentation*, stretch marks, cellulites and other skin-related issues and conditions.
1 session - £50
3 sessions - £125
6 sessions - £200
OUR DIAMOND DEVICE
Our Diamond Microdermabrasion uses Diamond Crystals, as opposed to aluminium oxide crystals - a technology used by many other microdermabrasion machines. Diamond grains are safer than crystal based systems, and is a state-of-the-art skin rejuvenation technology that offers a superior alternative to traditional aluminium oxide crystal microdermabrasion.
WHAT IS MICRODERMABRASION?
Diamond microdermabrasion is a non-invasive medical aesthetic procedure designed to improve the appearance and texture of the skin. Unlike traditional microdermabrasion, which uses a stream of fine aluminum oxide crystals to exfoliate the skin, diamond microdermabrasion utilizes a wand with a tip covered in tiny diamonds to physically abrade the top layers of the skin. This process gently removes the dead and dull surface layers of the skin, resulting in a whole hot of skin benefits.
DIAMOND MICRODERMABRASION FAQ'S
WHAT IS DIAMOND MEDICAL MICRODERMABRASION?
Diamond Microdermabrasion - otherwise known as diamond dermabrasion, is a non-invasive skin rejuvenation, advanced skincare treatment that helps to gently remove the dead and dull surface layers of the skin. Microdermabrasion can rejuvenate problematic skin, promote collagen and elastin, improve skin tone, reduce the appearance of stretch marks, reduce enlarged pores, provide exfoliation prior to other treatments (such as chemical peels, micro-needling, facials and skin boosters), and maintain and promote healthy, youthful skin.
WHO IS MICRODERMABRASION SUITABLE FOR?
Diamond microdermabrasion is suitable for all skin types*
*a lower suction level is required for darker skin tones, as poses a risk of hyperpigmentation.
WHAT SKIN CONDITIONS CAN MEDICAL MICRODERMABRASION HELP WITH?
Microdermabrasion can help with:
- Acne scars*
- Deep lines and wrinkles
- Dull skin
- Dehydrated skin
- Maintenance of healthy skin
- Ageing skin
- Sun-damaged skin
- Aid in the sorption of skin products for normal, healthy skin
- Great as a a pre-treatment prior to chemical peels, facials, and micro-needling
AM I SUITABLE FOR MICRODERMABRASION?
You may be suitable for treatment with microdermabrasion if:
- You are over the age of 18
- You are not pregnant or breastfeeding
- You want optimum, flawless skin
WHO IS NOT SUITABLE FOR MICRODERMABRASION?
You are not suitable for microdermabrasion treatment if:
- You are pregnant
- You are breastfeeding
- You have active acne
- You have active skin infections, sores, or open wounds
- You have any inflammatory skin conditions such as rosacea, eczema, psoriasis,
- You have a flare of herpes simplex
- You have any warts, verrucas, skin cancer, or skin lesions in the proposed treatment area(s)
- You are using, or have used, Accutane within the last 6 months
- You have sensitive skin
- You have sunburned skin
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE BEFORE I SEE RESULTS?
You will see and feel the results right away! However, depending on the skin and any skin conditions being treated, best results start to appear following the third session.
HOW MANY SESSIONS DO I NEED?
Typically, although you will see benefits from a single session, and depending on your skin, 6-10 sessions are often recommended for optimum and best results. Results are then best maintained with a single session every 4-6 weeks.
ANY SIDE EFFECTS OR RISKS?
Microdermabrasion is generally considered a safe procedure for most skin types and colors. However, like any medical aesthetic procedure, it carries potential side effects and risks, most of which are mild and temporary. It's important to be aware of these possible outcomes to make an informed decision and manage expectations appropriately.
Common Side Effects:
- Redness and Swelling: The most common side effects are redness and swelling, which typically subside within a few hours post-treatment. The skin may feel similar to mild sunburn.
- Tenderness: The treated area may feel tender to the touch after the procedure.
- Dryness or Flakiness: Some individuals may experience temporary dryness or flakiness as the skin rejuvenates and sheds dead skin cells.
- Slight Bruising: Due to the suction process during the treatment, there can be minor bruising, especially in sensitive skin areas.
- Sensitivity to Sunlight: Post-treatment, the skin is more sensitive to sunlight, increasing the risk of sunburn. It's crucial to apply broad-spectrum sunscreen and limit sun exposure.
Less Common Risks:
- Skin Infections: Though rare, the procedure can introduce or spread bacteria, leading to skin infections.
- Changes in Skin Pigmentation: Particularly in individuals with darker skin, microdermabrasion can lead to hyperpigmentation (dark spots) or hypopigmentation (light spots).
- Eye Irritation: If protective measures are not adequately used, microdermabrasion crystals or diamond-tipped wand particles can cause eye irritation or damage.
- Acne Flare-ups: In some cases, microdermabrasion can cause acne to flare up or result in milia (tiny white bumps) due to irritation from the exfoliation process.
- Allergic Reactions: Rarely, individuals may react to the substances used during or after the treatment, such as the cleansing agents or topical creams.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
1 session - £50.
3 sessions - £125.
6 sessions - £200.
WHAT IF I HAVE OTHER QUESTIONS THAT AREN'T ANSWERED ON HERE?
If you have any other questions or need any help at all, please email us. You can email us by clicking here.